The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Info Management app that complements OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by acutshall1 View Post
New to OF and although I find OF perfect for task management I am still in need of an app to manage my information. I have looked at several (devonthink, yojimbo,etc) to find a good complement(integrates) with OF. Although I have found several threads throughout the forum discussing various apps, they seemed specific to issues.

My goals are to find an app that:
  • works well with OF; available scripts, import export, does not duplicate functionality
  • does not require that I maintain both a file directory structure and a file structure within the app
  • an app that would allow me to import existing directory structure
  • cloud sync and has an app for mac, iphone and ipad
It would be very helpful in making my decision if anyone has feed back on what they are using or specific links to discussions ( not issues).
Thanks in advance
You might want to take a look at a new Swiss cloud app called 'memonic.com'. Each note automatically generates a tiny url that can be dragged onto any item in OF. Click the url and you're into the note. Additionally, complete note sets can be associated with OF at the project, task package, or item level. You can also collaborate with others on any note or note set. Memonic has a free version for iPad and iPhone. Let me know what you think.