The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Disable the email and web link function Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to disable the email and web link function in an Omni Outliner document so that it just shows the text -- eg www.omnigroup.com and email@omnigroup.com -- instead of a hyperlink?

Thanks.

Hi there- I answered your email in the support queue yesterday, but wanted to share the answer here as well. To keep pasted links/email addresses as plain text, you'll just want to make sure you have the "Automatically create attachments from typed URLs" un-checked in your OmniOutliner preferences.
That should do it!

And how do I return the dozens of URLs OmniOutliner Professional has messed-up on me? This is an unbelievably bone-headed feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmackay View Post
And how do I return the dozens of URLs OmniOutliner Professional has messed-up on me? This is an unbelievably bone-headed feature.
I second this. In addition to being able to select text and "un-attach" the URLs, I'd like to be able to do this on an as-needed basis as opposed to a global setting. In some contexts, I really like URLS turned into attachments, in some cases (e.g. code snippets) it isn't acceptable at all.