The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Independent Item Numbering Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't know if this is currently possible, on its way in OO4 or not even considered yet but in principle, I would like a way to separate 'Titles' and 'Items'. In this way items could be managed separately from the outline structure.

For example:

1 The Solar System
1.1 The Planets
1.1.1 Earth
10 - Enslave Male Earthlings
20 - Steal All Women
1.1.2 Mars
1.1.2.1 Setup
30 - Send Male Earthlings to Mining Colony
1.1.2.2 Construction
40 - Build Factory and Mining Complex
50 - Create Golf Course for Slave Masters
60 - Build Sun Surfers
1.1.3 Venus
70 - Terraform Venus
80 - Set-up pleasure palaces
90 - Induct Earth Women
1.2 The Sun
100 - Set up Sun Surfing School & Bar

I'm wondering the same thing. Does anyone know how to do this?

Any takers on this ?

It's an interesting idea, but how do you handle the case of a row with no children, but a sibling which has children? I've added Jupiter to your example, and you and I both know it is a 'title' but how is the program to deduce that? Not sure that just assuming that if a sibling has children it must be a title despite the lack of children is a good solution — it would fall apart if we needed one of the Venus children to have one or more children, for example.

I don't know the answer as I just bought OO3, but I have to say that this has to be one of the funniest lists I've seen in a while. :D