The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync not working with Mac nor iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,
I am a new user of omni Focus and have purchased the Mac and iPhone versions. The program looks excellent but I am having problem syncing between the mac and iPhone. I have set the syncs up as described and the worked first time, since then nothing happens.

The Mac is reporting that it can not access the database via my Mobile Me a/c, the iPhone is timing out saying that it is unable to find the database.

Looking at Mobile Me, there are three folders within the documents folder for Omni Focus -
  1. DueSoon.ics
  2. OmniFocus.ofocus
  3. OmniFocus.ofocus-copy-in-progress-oWWV4gZONNe

I am tempted to delete everything including the Omni Focus installations and start again, first I thought it best to check here and see if anyone has a better suggestion.

Thanks,
Mickey

Last edited by Michael Blake; 2009-08-08 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: Solved

Hi,
I have solved this I think. I deleted all MobileMe files for OF and also all files on the iPhone and my Mac. I also deleted the backup folder in My Documents. I then reinstalled the two apps (Mac + iPhone) and then found that OF had found my original database from somewhere. I then syncd to MobileMe and the iPhone and all appears to be working again. The experience has made me wary of installing too much critical data to OF at this time though.

One possibility here is that the connection to the iDisk server was timing out.

Stuff seems to have settled down now, but in the week after the launch of Apple's iDisk for iPhone application, I had a devil of a time connecting to the servers. A file copy that would normally take a minute would sit there overnight, for example.

Completely possible that this was an OmniFocus bug, of course, but there are other factors at play, as well. In any case, if you have any other problems with your sync, let us know and we can help. Thanks!

Hi,

i have the same problem but it s only the duesoon.ics that dont want to update ?

DB is fine, it tells me that sync is fine, i can actualize in Ical, but the DueSoon.ics still not update at each sync, last date of modification remain on the 11th september will for the the Omnifocus.oFocus doc the date of modification is right the one of the moment i have sync it.

Principal result is that my ical isn t right at the moment and i ve forgot to put some sugar in my coffee this morning because it wasn't sync with my Omnifocus dailly task ;-)

well i m kidding but i really would like it to be solve fast ... if someone have an idea on it.

Shall i do like Michael ? any other solution ? :(

thanks

odelho - currently the calendar file only updates when the iPhone application syncs. If you sync your iPhone or iPod touch, does the file modification date change?