The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to set up a self help program in OF? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Im recently new to the idea of personal development but i know theres areas of my life where i could use some guidance. My most recent endeavor is this program by Eban Pagan Advanced Learning and Teaching also im doing this program called Phenomenal Memory. How do you guys plan such an vague and ambiguous project?

One thing not necessarily immediately obvious to someone new to using OF (or GTD) is that you don't have to plan out your entire project before getting started. Often, it's better that you don't even try! What is important is that you sketch out the beginning few steps (and think about the final outcome you seek) and get started. As you complete them, evaluate your progress and add more steps. The review functionality is a good tool to perform a regular evaluation of your projects.

One thing I do is have any very important project sit at the highest level of OmniFocus, not in any folder. No way to miss it.

The two that I have out there are Daily Health and Weekly Review, both repeating.