The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Viewing a list of repeating actions? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I have set up a number of monthly repeating actions. I want to review the list of repeating actions I have set up, but cannot seem to find them, since as they are set to start near end of month, they have not appeared yet. Is it possible to see them as a list somewhere so I can review and update?

Thanks.

Switch your view to Remaining Actions instead of Available Actions and they should show up. You may need to bring up the View bar to do this (cmd-shift-V). Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to look at just the repeating actions, but they can be identified by the little oval arrows (chasing their tails) near the right hand side of the outline view.

I use a tool which I call Where in OF (a draft applescript app which requires OmniFocus 1.8 - currently in 'sneaky peek' versions). It supports saveable boolean searches on any property of OF tasks and projects, and enables you to view lists of your repeating actions and projects with custom searches like:
tasks where its repetition is not missing value
and
projects where its repetition is not missing value
--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2012-07-17 at 07:47 AM..

In the past I had a action list for every area (folder) but found it more trouble than it was worth. So I moved to one action list. But I quickly found that I prefer two, one for single tasks, and one for recurring single tasks.

I see those two categories of tasks as different, and while my single tasks list changed constantly, my recurring tasks list, for the most part, remained constant.

For me the benefits of keeping one out of the other are worth it.