The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Preference for displaying notes when there is one Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone know how to have notes appear when there is one attached to an action?

The only way I've found a way to do this is to edit the note.
In my perfect world, the note would appear when it exists with an action.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOcean View Post
Anyone know how to have notes appear when there is one attached to an action?
Don't know if I understood your question or not, but here goes ...
There is a small icon of a slip of paper with a paperclip at the right end of the action row. Clicking on that will open an attached note. Once I open a note, it stays open until I close it. Exception: Opening a note in Planning Mode doesn't necessarily open it for Context Mode and vice versa.

Thank you for the response.

Yes, I know about making the notes visible.

The problem I am having is in recurring items... once an item is completed, I need to click on the note icon to show the note again.

I use this specifically for weekly review items.
I have notes for all those items.
Example:
action name:
Review Projects (and Larger Outcome) Lists

action note:
Evaluate the status of projects, goals, and outcomes one by one, ensuring that at least one current kick-start action for each is in your system.

When I do my weekly review, I use the notes to help me understand the action name.

Every week when I complete the items, they show up next week, with all the notes hidden.

I was hoping for a preference that will always show notes when there is one.
The opposite of the way it is now, which is, never show notes when there is one unless the icon has been clicked to show notes.

This is not an answer to your question really but here goes:

I used to be able to select all (Cmd-A) items in the right pane, then hit Edit Note (Cmd-') and it would reveal all notes if they existed. I found this handy (and it sounds like you would too). Then I could hit it again and it would hide them all. But I think ever since they changed OF to remember the revealed-or-hidden state of notes, it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
This is not an answer to your question really but here goes:

I used to be able to select all (Cmd-A) items in the right pane, then hit Edit Note (Cmd-') and it would reveal all notes if they existed. I found this handy (and it sounds like you would too). Then I could hit it again and it would hide them all. But I think ever since they changed OF to remember the revealed-or-hidden state of notes, it doesn't work.
Thanks for the help Craig.

I was able to select all by clicking on the first action item,
then down to the last item,
then going to the edit menu, and edit note.

Yes, it looks like it still works for actions, but not for notes attached to Projects (in planning mode).