The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do Not Track Me in OmniWeb? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Through the Duck Duck Go site, I came across the useful Do Not Track Me tracking blocker extension. It auto-installs for Safari; how do I get it to install for OmniWeb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glude View Post
Through the Duck Duck Go site, I came across the useful Do Not Track Me tracking blocker extension. It auto-installs for Safari; how do I get it to install for OmniWeb?
I can't imagine anything more useless than a Do Not Track Me extension. It's a *request*, not a blocker. How many trackers do you think would honor that request? Use the Style Sheet option in the Page Appearance Preferences to access an ad blocking style sheet. There's one you can find inside the Camino browser Resources folder that works for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glude View Post
OmniWeb 6 now has built-in support for Do Not Track:

Quote:
Do Not Track — Added a security site preference which asks a website not to track you. Please bear in mind that this does not prevent a website from tracking you, it’s simply a request. In OmniWeb this Do Not Track request is sent by default, but as with all security site preferences you can change this default either on a site-by-site basis or globally.