The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Monday 8 AM is different from Friday 5 PM Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone,

I have several tasks for which the duration is specified such at that the task ends Friday at 5 PM. But, I want to show the deliverable being due at Monday 8 AM. I don't care if they work the weekend, but I don't want to include the weekend as part of the "scheduled" duration.

I'm willing to have a separate milestone for the deliverable (separate from the task with a finite duration) or have the task itself show that the end date is Monday 8 AM instead of Friday 5 PM. (having the task itself end on Monday 8 AM is actually preferable to a separate milestone, but either option will work)

Any suggestions for how to do this?

I could simply include a "1 minute" task or extend the duration by a minute so that the end of the task is shown as Monday 8:01 instead of Friday 5 PM, but then my schedule shows the minutes and I'm trying to avoid that.

Having the time truncated to the hour and simply not showing the user the additional minute-level precision is fine. I'm using exact granularity scheduling. I could switch to hour granularity since that's all I care about, but then if I schedule something to take 8 hours and 1 minute, it is extended to 9 hours.

If you were ok with adding an extension of a minute to your task, you could try extending the duration by 1 second when you're using exact granularity scheduling. The end time will show up as 8:00AM as long as you're not displaying seconds in the Project : Formatting inspector.

I think having a separate milestone for the deliverable is the way to go, otherwise you'll be dealing with issues that you mentioned like seeing an end time of 8:01AM or having an 8 hour and 1 minute task being extended to 9 hours when hour granularity scheduling is used.