The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

'Under Construction?' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by nt10
Fact: People use safari. Geeky people use omniweb. Geeky geek people use Omniweb Sneak preview. I am sure they all know what a sneaky preview is.
That's far from a fact ;)

I remember back in the 4.5 days when all the SP's were publicly available. The OG got a ton of bad press whenever there was a bug in one.

Even judging by the posts in this board since the SP's have been made public, there is a strong need to remind people it's beta software. With the 5.0 beta, IIRC, they put a hardhat or some other construction motif for the startup screen.

Another reason to put the stripes on are to make screen shots of the sneaky peeks distiguishable from the official release. I suppose we could consider changing the window title to "[SNEAKY PEAK] Page Title" or some other way to differentiate.

Just to let you know, we really toned this down for the OmniWeb sneaky peaks, other Omni applications previously had a much stronger stripe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len Case
Another reason to put the stripes on are to make screen shots of the sneaky peeks distiguishable from the official release. I suppose we could consider changing the window title to "[SNEAKY PEAK] Page Title" or some other way to differentiate.
Ah, yeah I can see your reasoning now, and I guess you can't rely on the presence of unified toolbars as users might have a theme installed (or altered it in Interface builder like I used to do).

In sp7, we've added a new hidden "HideConstructionWarning" default which does what it sounds like it does.

Ahh! Beauty! Thanks Ken - worked a treat!

I'd just like to add that I do think the achtung stripes are a good idea. They're just the right opacity, judging from the other screenshot, and I'll proudly be keeping it.

Thank you very much, Ken (and other OmniFolks)!

Quit OmniWeb and into Terminal, type or paste the following:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 HideConstructionWarning -bool true

Then start up OmniWeb and feel much better about your favourite browser.

Ahhh.

thank you very much!!! That's indeed so much better. :D