The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 4 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Export to Powerpoint/Keynote? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'd like to use OmniOutliner to create the basic structure of a presentation, either for Keynote or Powerpoint.

Unfortunately, as another thread has pointed out, you can't open an exported Keynote doc within the latest version of Keynote.

I can't seem to figure out how to import other Outliner-supported formats into either Keynote or Powerpoint.

Is there a way to export an outline to a presentation? Anyone have a suggested workflow?

Thanks.

Just as an FYI, I found a script resource online via MacWorld that does a great job of enabling easy export from OmniOutliner to Keynote.

http://iworkautomation.com/keynote/e...m-outline.html

Thanks a lot. That worked great.

On my late 2010 Macbook Air it barfs on the following line (in bold):

tell application "OmniOutliner"
tell front document
repeat with i from 1 to the count of sections
tell section i

saying it’s expecting an end of line but has found an identifier.

There seem to be other similar lines, so I’m expecting it to hang up on all of those. I’m not a programmer or AppleScripter. Any suggestions?

Mark

This is what I did to get it working.

1. Save the script to ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4. This makes the script available in the customize toolbar dialog.

2. In OO4, customize the toolbar and drag the script to the toolbar.

3.When you want to convert an outline to Keynote, click the script icon and follow instructions.

This solutions works better than the export to keynote function in OO3 because the output file will be in the latest Keynote format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopool View Post
This is what I did to get it working.

1. Save the script to ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.omnigroup.OmniOutliner4. This makes the script available in the customize toolbar dialog.

2. In OO4, customize the toolbar and drag the script to the toolbar.

3.When you want to convert an outline to Keynote, click the script icon and follow instructions.

This solutions works better than the export to keynote function in OO3 because the output file will be in the latest Keynote format.
Thanks for this. Unfortunately I still can’t get it to work … I can’t drag the file to a customised toolbar. Is this an OOPro feature?

I forgot to say, my MBA is running Mavericks 10.9.2, and OO Standard Edition. If it’s a Pro feature, I will have to think whether it is worth the upgrade price.

Mark