The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Import into OF for iPad Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone know how I can import items into OF for iPad WITHOUT going back to my Mac.

I have a number of productivity tools on my iPad that can generate export files and mails etc e.g. iThought, OmniOutliner etc. I'm interested in finding a way I can do bulk planning and load them into OF whilst I'm away from base.

Any ideas ?

Cheers ...

At the moment, OmniFocus for iPad doesn't have any import support. We do have an open feature request for the ability to import a tab-delimited text file, though.

If that would work for your purposes, email our support ninjas and we'll be happy to attach you to that request so the rest of the team will know you'd like to see that added in the future.

(Trying to handle stuff like this on the forums as much as possible now, but in cases where it's not a simple "okay, I can write that up for you" it's best to email our support folks. Try to be on the forums as much as possible, but can't always do so every day, and threads do occasionally fall through the cracks.)

Thanks Brian,

CSV would probably be ok, I'll do as you suggest.

I assume the Ninjas can make these sort of enhancements without anyone knowing they've done it :)

I'd like to second this request…I often need to make a lot of entries quite quickly; this is easy on the desktop but the same task in OF for iPad is way too tappy - one tap to close the current entry, then two taps (+, new action) plus waiting a bit for the Action entry form to appear…type task and repeat…

Whereas OmniOutliner on the iPad will actually work quite well for this - you just keep hitting return to make new entries. Super speedy.

So now I'm making big blocks of entries in OmniOutliner iPad, kicking the file to the desktop later on, then importing that to OmniFocus. It sure would be great to be able to export directly to OF from OO on the iPad.…Or just be able to enter new tasks more quickly. I guess it's a little better if you go straight to the Inbox, rather than the project you're actually working in, but still doesn't seem quite right to me.

-Robert