The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hierarchical Projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
This distinction between folders and projects is making me a little crazy.

I understand a folder as a collection of todos and projects that are related to particular area of reponsibility, but don't have a completable goal. Unfortunately, I can't put todos in a folder, only projects - so I end up having a Miscellaneous bucket in every project. So my request is: allow individual todo items to be kept in folders.

I would also like to see hierarchical projects. I often have projects where it makes sense to break them into a number of subprojects. This concept exists in OF in the child/parent stuff you build in - so for small subprojects I can just create a parent with a few actions. But often subprojects can be substantial - and it would be nice to see them in my left panel. I can workaround by turning the parent into a folder and then pulling out the subprojects - but it would be better to just be able to have hierarchical projects.

Don