The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Error message Data Base Reset Alert [Locked: MobileMe Bookmark sync, not OmniFocus] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I get this message every 5 minutes or so:

Inconsistencies in your sync information for bookmarks were detected and have been repaired. The next syncing for the iphone, mobileme or safari may take longer than usual.

I don't notice anything different on the phone, but I want to get rid of the error messages. Any help?

Thanks,
Jeff

This is only indirectly helpful, but that message has nothing to do with OmniFocus sync. It is coming from the sync facility on the Mac that handles Safari bookmarks, iCal, iDisk, etc. which is not used by OmniFocus to do syncing with the iPhone or other copies of OmniFocus.

If you go to the System Preferences, select the MobileMe tab and have it actually do a sync it might stop complaining. If that doesn't work, possibly resetting the sync data (in the same place) will help, if you are comfortable that the computer on which you do the reset has a complete set of the data to repopulate the rest of the bunch. For safety's sake, you might make a backup copy of your various databases (Address Book, iCal, Safari bookmarks, etc.) synced by MobileMe before doing any of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
This is only indirectly helpful, but that message has nothing to do with OmniFocus sync. It is coming from the sync facility on the Mac that handles Safari bookmarks, iCal, iDisk, etc. which is not used by OmniFocus to do syncing with the iPhone or other copies of OmniFocus.

If you go to the System Preferences, select the MobileMe tab and have it actually do a sync it might stop complaining. If that doesn't work, possibly resetting the sync data (in the same place) will help, if you are comfortable that the computer on which you do the reset has a complete set of the data to repopulate the rest of the bunch. For safety's sake, you might make a backup copy of your various databases (Address Book, iCal, Safari bookmarks, etc.) synced by MobileMe before doing any of this.
Thanks for setting me straight. I reset the sync data and still get the message. I'll try asking the apple forums.

Thanks.