The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

2 completed tasks reappear in a Remaining view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
My standard Projects view (established from my "Remaining Tasks" perspective) shows remaining tasks grouped by folder (client).

I selected a specific folder and was adjusting existing tasks and adding new tasks when I noticed two tasks appear that I'd marked as completed a couple of weeks ago. The tasks still had their done dates, and the text was displayed with a strike-thru line.

I reapplied my perspective, but the two completed tasks were still there.

Changing the view to All tasks and then back to Remaining finally made these two tasks disappear.

I've never seen this before, and I have no idea how to reproduce the problem. But I figured it was worth reporting even if it goes into the "How about that!" stack.

[submitted as formal feedback]

If this happens again, try the "clean up" command - it has just changed (read the notes for Oct 18) and that might be connected to what happened to you. There may be a hidden bug in the revised code.

When I read (well, quickly scanned) the latest Message of the Day, the caution about Filtering didn't register.

I just dragged a task (and its subtasks) to a new location, and a completed task appeared. Cleanup, which I've never used because I didn't when/why it's needed, removed the completed task from the list.

Pressing clean-up to remove completed actions is fine, but it is NOT FINE that this is also cleaning up the inbox. I have items sitting in the inbox with context set (in particular, anything that got there from Mail Act-On) and I don't want them automatically added to the Misc bucket and moved out of there until I'm processing my inbox. But I also don't like checked-off items hanging around.

Help! Make it go back to the old way! Or make clean up only apply to the current view.