The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Completed tasks still remain Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I have a folder of projects called Errands. This morning there were 4 things to do in this folder. As I completed the tasks, I checked them off on the iPhone.

Now I am back on the Mac and synced, these items are no longer there BUT the Errands folder shows the red badge with 4 tasks (now overdue) when the Errands folder is collapsed. If I expand the list, the number disappears and there is an empty list. This is happening on my Home folder too. There are 4 tasks in total which shows correctly (orange badge with 4 as they are due shortly) but as soon as you collapse the list, I get a red badge with 5 in it. Earlier on today there were 5 tasks but I completed one of them. It seems that the tasks have been removed from the lists but the badges haven't realised. The iPhone is showing everything correctly.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks
Paul

System : iMac (Mid 2011) 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM. Lion 10.7.3. OmniFocus v1.10.1.

Try File->Rebuild Database and see if that clears it up. If it doesn't, contact the support ninjas tomorrow and they'll help you track down what is going on.

By the way, completing an action doesn't remove it, it merely marks it completed. Depending on your view settings, you may or may not see completed actions.

Hi

Thanks for your suggestion. I actually 'fixed' it by creating a new task in each of the folders which were showing incorrect badges and then deleted them straight away. It seems to have forced OF to reassess the badging.

I suppose it's not really a fix, especially if it continues to do it in the future.

Paul