The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Attaching files and folders and email messages ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Could we have an attach icon for the toolbar ?

On a similar note would it be possible to have a link from a Project to an attached Folder in which Project related materials could go ? I understand that I can attach individual files.

Finally ... being able to link back from an N/A or a Project to an email would be handy.

Thanks - Michael

If you want a link to a project folder, you can do that right now. In the Finder, select the folder you want to link, and drag it onto the action or project in OmniFocus.

Is there any way yet (hidden preference perhaps?) to get the name of a link rather than a generic icon when linking to a file/folder? I find the current generic icon behavior the most annoying shortcomings in OF. Seems absurd to have to manually type the file/folder names in anytime I want to link to a file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveax View Post
Is there any way yet (hidden preference perhaps?) to get the name of a link rather than a generic icon when linking to a file/folder?
I don't think so. But if you're on Leopard, you can select the icon and hit spacebar to view the item with Quick Look.

I'd love to see the attached item's name displayed next to its icon too. I sent feedback requesting this feature months ago.

But if I had to choose between a simple text-based link to the file that showed the name or a stand-alone icon with no name but that allowed Quick Look previews, I'd choose the icon and Quick Look option (apparently, so did the Omni Group). Of course, having name, icon, and Quick Look preview would give you the best of all options.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
If you want a link to a project folder, you can do that right now. In the Finder, select the folder you want to link, and drag it onto the action or project in OmniFocus.
Excellent thanks. For working on Macbooks where screen space is critical it would be nice to have a menu item as well. I find dragging and dropping a pain particularly if the sought after folder is deeply nested. But definitely still useful.

Michael

Expose is your friend. Flip over to the Finder, navigate to the folder. Click and start to drag, then hit cmd-tab as appropriate to flip back to OmniFocus, and drop the dragged folder on the destination.

I also use a Macbook, and look enviously at the vast expanses of real estate in the screenshots taken on other forumites' Macbook Pros :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveax View Post
Is there any way yet (hidden preference perhaps?) to get the name of a link rather than a generic icon when linking to a file/folder? I find the current generic icon behavior the most annoying shortcomings in OF. Seems absurd to have to manually type the file/folder names in anytime I want to link to a file.
I agree, it would be ideal to have the file name listed