The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting Notes to Web Format? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Have you considered including the notes field when exporting to Web Format?

Or is there a way to add this already and I am just not seeing it?

Thanks!

I'm not sure whether we'll end up including notes in the default HTML templates or not, but with the next beta it ought to be a lot more clear how to make your own HTML templates for the exporting, which can include notes. Once we get that out I can give an example of how to add notes (or other fields).

Thanks for your response! If it will be possible to edit the HTML templates that will work nicely. I am strongly considering (pretty much decided) to go with OmniPlan for my team of producers to keep their shoots and projects organized and it seems perfect. We will be using the notes field extensively.

Thanks guys!

You can edit the html templates right now.... from the File menu choose New HTML Template...

Although not everything is clear & some fields aren't demoed, you can put notes into the task list template & it does work in beta 5.

Here's a sample:

<table cellpadding='4' cellspacing='0' border='0' align='center'>
<tr>
<td class='header'>ID</td>
<td class='header'>Task</td>
<td class='header'>Notes</td>
<td class='header'>Start</td>
<td class='header'>End</td>
<td class='header'>Duration</td>
<td class='header'>Completed</td>
<td class='header'>Dependencies</td>
<td class='header'>Task Cost</td>
<td class='header'>Assigned</td>
<td class='header'>Planned Start</td>
<td class='header'>Start Variance</td>
<td class='header'>Constraint Start</td>
<td class='header'>Planned End</td>
<td class='header'>End Variance</td>
<td class='header'>Constraint End</td>
</tr>
{@Tasks@}
<tr class='{@Task Type@}'>
<td>{@ID@}</td>
<td>{@Title@}</td>
<td>{@Notes@}</td>
<td>{@Start@}</td>
<td>{@End@}</td>
<td>{@Time@}</td>
<td>{@%Done@}</td>
<td>{@Dependencies@}</td>
<td>{@Cost@}</td>
<td>{@Assigned@}</td>
<td>{@Planned Start@}</td>
<td>{@Start Variance@}</td>
<td>{@Constraint Start@}</td>
<td>{@Planned End@}</td>
<td>{@End Variance@}</td>
<td>{@Constraint End@}</td>
</tr>
{@/Tasks@}
</table>

That'll teach me to actually go and check to see what is in the release before commenting. I'd thought I'd remembered the template copying stuff happening after beta 5. :-)

I tried doing exactly that before I created this post and it didn't work, but I obviously did something wrong, because now it works perfectly.

Thanks!

Will there be a variety of HTML templates available as 'extras' when the product is launched?

Thanks