The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Assigning contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
A minor UI issue, but when I am typing in an action then tap contexts, the contexts list appears with the keyboard, then the full list appears briefly, then another keyboard pops up :confused:

Perhaps can either do away with the keyboard and put a search bar at the top that would pull it up, or leave the list and let the user scroll.

My first few reactions were to just try to start scrolling the list, but then the keyboard pops up and is kinda frustrating as it's simpler to scroll and make one tap, than tap out a few letters then tap again to pick the context displayed from the search

We're aware of the issue with the keyboard disappearing and reappearing.

I've also filed a request for your suggestion of an option to not show the keyboard at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjockey View Post
A minor UI issue, but when I am typing in an action then tap contexts, the contexts list appears with the keyboard, then the full list appears briefly, then another keyboard pops up :confused:
We've fixed this for 1.0.2.

I'm glad you fixed it. I too find it annoying that the keyboard pops up by default and occludes the list.

Oh, sorry, to be clear: what we fixed is the keyboard hiding and showing for no reason when it should have just stayed visible the whole while. Right now, the default is still to have the keyboard active so you can use it to quickly filter down your list—which is great if your list is hundreds of items long, but obviously a lot less useful if you just have a dozen or so items to choose from. Perhaps we should only activate the keyboard if you have more than 20 items to choose from? Would that be useful?

Killing the keyboard unless the list is longer than 20 items or so is a great idea. Or perhaps put an icon that will pull in the keyboard.

My $0.02.

KK