The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

THE MISSING CHILD... Losing the Parent|Child|Grandchild relationship in Context View Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If you select an action, you can switch back and forth between viewing that action in Context and Planning modes using the "Show in [Other] Mode" command from the View menu (Option-Command-R)? (You'll also find this command in the contextual menu for an action, or you can add the "Switch" toolbar item to your toolbar for even easier one-click access.)

I use that command quite a bit to help me quickly see more context (and possibly add some follow-up actions), then use it again to quickly return to the context where I was working. Does that help?
I just tried this. Highlighting the action and toggling back and forth works, but I do think it would be easier and better (more intuitive) to see the full hierarchy including action groups in the project column of Context view. Anything to make one less step would work better for me. it would become unweildly to have to toggle back and forth b/w project and context on a long list of actions in context view.