The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Why don't date properties work in OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've written a few scripts so far w/out too much trouble. I hit a snag today trying to retrieve the day property from a date.

When I enter the following script into the Applescript editor, everything works fine ...

Code:

set myDate to current date
return day of myDate
However, when I enter the following script, it doesn't even compile (I get an "Access not allowed." error ...

Code:
tell application "OmniFocus"

set myDate to current date
    return day of myDate

end tell
What's going on? When I try to wrap the "day of myDate" logic in a subroutine, it compiles but I get a runtime error.

Thanks,

Todd