The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug with repeating projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
You workflow makes perfect sense to me. I have yet to find a reason why anyone would want the application to work the way it does now in respect to this small workflow example.

I would call this a bug. But who am I to blow against the wind. :-)

If I were you, I would write it in to OmniFocus and label it as a bug. Maybe reference this thread, or copy your last post. It can be helpful to them to know how you expect it to work. (when I say write it in I mean, in OmniFocus, select help -> send feedback.)

If you tell them it is a bug or a feature request, they won't try and help you see it their way. They'll just say... the number of people requesting a feature is what determines it's priority. Which is to say, they may or may not fix it. ;-)

I'll send this in as well... as it does appear to be a bug to me. :-)

For anyone else who wants to report this as a bug, here's the blurb I sent in:

Quote:
Bug: If a user marks a repeating projects completion date in the past using the inspector window, the projects start and due date will not forward into the future based on the repeat parameters.

Here is the thread on the forum that this bug is referencing.
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...1811#post51811

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I sent it in as a bug before I did my first post. Are you getting two repeated projects when you first mark the project complete as well.. because regardless of what the workflow is supposed to be, I'm certain that that must be a bug.

I would say that the wording of your email is slightly misleading. The created projects do have the correct start/end dates; it is just that the current instance of the project isn't actually marked complete (which is what you would expect when something is inserted into the complete section of the inspector).

Please reword my wording as you see fit. :-)