The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Clippings shortcut gone rogue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
So....here's my problem...it's a little convoluted...

I've got my OF clippings shortcut set up as ctrl-option-space, and that works great in most apps. However, it doesn't work in Mail.app, because for some reason, the Mail>Services>"OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" in Mail.app is associated with the command Option-O.

I think this is because I made that association a long time ago, to make my Send to Inbox shortcut in Mail the same as it is in Entourage, for which I have a special script that processes emails to OF with Option-O.

However, I want to undo that in Mail.app, and just use ctrl-option-c, like in everything else.

The problem is: This Option-O shortcut in Mail.app does not appear in the standard System Preferences keyboard shortcuts panel!! I can't make it go away. I have no idea how I set it up, and I have no idea how to remove it.

When I try to include Mail.app in the OF Preferences Clippings panel (by checking its box) to give it the standard ctrl-option-c shortcut, that shortcut just (apparently) conflicts with the existing Option-O one, and doesn't work.

So...how could I possibly have created the Option-O for Mail>Services>"OmniFocus: Send to Inbox" in Mail.app (such that it even shows that command in the menu pull down) in such a way that it's NOT visible in the System Preferences keyboard shortcuts panel? Some kind of Automator or script? Where would that be? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks for any help fixing a mess I apparently created...