The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to get InBox NOT to show up in Perspective? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know how to keep the InBox from showing up at the top of the right hand window when switching to a Project-Focused Perspective in Planning mode with only one project in the right-hand window? When I switch back and forth between similar Perspectives (to show different Projects), sometimes the InBox shows up at the top of the right-hand window, sometimes not. I just can't figure this out.

Thanks.

Running OmniFocus-1.0 (v77.1.2.0.96900), completely licensed, completely updated, on Leopard 10.5.1.

Removed instructions which would only lead the user astray, confuse them, and demonstrate that I don't know what the heck I was talking about.

In other words, I was wrong. ;-)

Turns out, this isn't possible. Writing up as a feature request.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-01-10 at 03:53 PM..

If you select your project (or entire library) in the sidebar, the action outline on the right will only show the contents of your project or library (and not your inbox).

Hope this helps!

All I will say, is... xmas tricked me into deleting the correct instructions. He's tricky, that xmas.

Thanks, Ken. That's pretty much what I ended up doing, after quite some time spent muddling. I now have what I want and am very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
If you select your project (or entire library) in the sidebar, the action outline on the right will only show the contents of your project or library (and not your inbox).

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like it isn’t possible to save that selection as a part of your perspective.

Every time I open a Planning Mode perspective in a new window it includes the inbox in the action list. This is especially problematic when the perspective is set to open in a new window with the sidebar hidden.

Open the sidebar, Cmd-click on the Inbox to remove it from the selection, close the sidebar, then do Perspectives->Take Snapshot of Current Perspective to make the change permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Open the sidebar, Cmd-click on the Inbox to remove it from the selection, close the sidebar, then do Perspectives->Take Snapshot of Current Perspective to make the change permanent.
If that’s supposed to work, then “Houston, we have a problem!” The sidebar selection is not restored when I invoke the perspective.

My perspective is configured to open in a new window. Perhaps that prevents the sidebar selection from being restored correctly?

Quote:
If that’s supposed to work, then “Houston, we have a problem!” The sidebar selection is not restored when I invoke the perspective.

My perspective is configured to open in a new window. Perhaps that prevents the sidebar selection from being restored correctly?
Nope, I just made myself a new perspective that has the sidebar closed, opens in a new window, and only has the 1 project I selected, no Inbox. Try it again, and make sure you have the Inbox deselected before you slide the divider between sidebar and main panel over to close the sidebar, then capture a perspective.

If you're going to quote Swigert and Lovell, at least get it right :-)

If you insist: “Okay, Houston, we've had a problem here.”

It looks like the bug I’m seeing occurs if the perspective also has the Focus set to the selected project. As it restores the focus when opening the perspective, it loses the selection in the Planning Mode sidebar.

Can anyone confirm this?