The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sorting by next review date Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
The standard Review perspective has the Grouping set to Next Review and has a standard heading of Review within the Next Week as the first heading (assuming there's nothing to review in the past).

What I'm trying to accomplish is to keep some projects on a tighter review schedule. So this morning I set several things to review in 3 days. There are also some things that are set to review in the next week that are not in this grouping of things I want to look at in the next 3 days.

I figured that if I turned off the Grouping selection of the view bar and instead chose Next Review on the Sorting selector, that I'd get all my projects sorted by the date of the next review that shows on the inspector. I had been on the default Review perspective (I don't think I've done anything to it) and only changed those two settings (see screen shot below). But the order of next reviews that I get is not what I'd expect.

6/16, 6/20, 6/20, 6/20, 8/1, 10/13, 8/12, 6/15, etc.

I'd appreciate both suggestions to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish another way if you've got them. And I'd also like confirmation that the behavior I'm expecting is proper and what I'm getting is buggy (or to be told I'm misinterpreting something).

TIA

ETA: Also, the headings when using the Grouping by Next Review selection on the view bar...are those editable? Can a shorter term than within the next week be added?

ETA2: Another also...If I have the Grouping set to Next Review and the Sorting set to Next Review, should I expect that the projects actually be sorted by next review date?...because they're not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-06-13 at 10.02.00 AM.png
Views:	763
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1445  

Last edited by malisa; 2010-06-13 at 09:27 AM..