The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What to do until? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Whilst I wait for the invite, I have decided to move whole hog from my entourage solution to a multi-program solution:
Apple Mail
Apple Address Book
iCal

ThinkingRock for my GTD Project/Task platform

I am curious about the ease of migration from ThinkingRock into OmniFocus for any of the earlier adopters/trial folks out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillychuck
I am curious about the ease of migration from ThinkingRock into OmniFocus for any of the earlier adopters/trial folks out there.
I did the TR->OF transfer a couple weeks of weeks ago and it wasn't very fun. TR doesn't support applescript so there's a whole lot of manual copy/paste or export to text file to do with what you wish. Functionally, TR is very good except that the UI is quite painful. TR also adheres to the GTD principles pretty strictly so it's a good app to cut one's GTD teeth on.

Anyway, the one benefit of that whole transfer was that it actually made me go through and re-think and re-process my entire project and action list.

Not surprising -- basically I could easily migrate nearly all of my entourage stuff via automated transfer -- except for the project and todo's -- which I needed to do by cut and paste. I agree, it made me think through my workflow more systematically. Most surprising was that I could directly and painlessly import all my Notes in entourage into a NoteTaker file.

in case you are interested, i have posted several entourage->OF applescripts which allow for easy transfer of entourage messages, tasks and notes to OF inbox tasks.

they're at:
http://www.sandro.org/omnifocus/index.php

Last edited by spnyc; 2007-06-24 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: typo