The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Updater issue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This has been happening off and on since roughly the September 17 update.

When the updater runs, it renames the existing OW app and moves it to the trash. Sometimes when it relaunches, it launches a new icon in the dock. My existing icon links to the one in the trash.

With this latest update, it launched the icon I had in the dock. Later, OW crashed. When I went to click on the dock icon to start it, it tried to launch the app in the trash. The dock icon was pointing to the app named OmniWeb 5.6 612.0.92129.app

Anyone else having similar issues?

I haven't encountered the crash but i have seen the launching from trash problem.

With today's update, it tried launching from the trash again.

does OmniWeb shutdown gracefully for you?

Sometimes... but I forgot if it crashed this time or not.

A couple times it has restarted just fine, even using the right dock icon. But then later it would crash, and the next time I tried to start it the dock icon would try to launch the version in the trash.

Thanks. I've noticed this is far more likely to happen in OmniWeb than OmniFocus and I wonder if perhaps it's because OmniWeb is more likely to have trouble shutting down properly. A normal shutdown may take longer as well so perhaps a timing issue.

Yup, I've noted the same thing a few times now in that after an update the dock icon is left pointing at the old version in the trash. Caught me a out a few times that one and it's also made me question which version I was actually running too, i.e. had it actually launched the new version or the existing one?

Ok, tried it again. OW did shutdown gracefully and relaunched just fine. It used the proper dock icon. Later I quit OW, and it shutdown just fine. But when I went to click on the dock icon to relaunch it, the launch failed and the dock icon changed to having a question mark overlay.

were you able to tell where the new OmniWeb was located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
were you able to tell where the new OmniWeb was located?
Yes, the new OW was exactly where the old one had been.

One thing I think I've failed to mention, is that I've named OW "OmniWeb 5.6.app" It always keeps this name when I run the updater.