The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Changing of Task Order only syncs one way? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
With brand-new, generic projects, each task with an assigned context, no tasks having start or due dates, IF you change the order of the tasks, syncing of said changed (i.e., new) order only seems to work one way: from iPhone -----> Desktop.

I.e., if I change the order of tasks on the Desktop, the order on the iPhone does NOT change after syncing desktop to cloud, and then cloud down to iPhone.

This is ONLY a problem for Tasks. Projects, no matter which platform they are reordered on, correctly sync over (i.e., the order) to the other platform.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by santra; 2008-08-06 at 01:23 PM..

Changing the order of tasks is considered a change on all the other tasks in the project and the project itself. So if there are _any_ unsynced changes to any other tasks or the project, the whole change can get thrown away.