The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to control and lock lines to magnets deep inside objects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have a relatively complex shape that is made up of many objects, each object within the shape seems to be a bitmap with magnets assigned

I am trying to draw a line from outside a shape/picture to a magnet located on an object deep inside the complex shape.

When I attempt this the line always jumps to the edge of the object not the magnet inside the object.

If I select the line and turn off "Allow connections to other objects" or click on the shape and turn off "Allow connections from lines" I can position the end point of the line exactly where I want it, but it does not lock to that position of the object.

How can I lock it to this position of the object/magnet?

For background the complex shape is a graphic of a network chassis. It is made up of multiple objects inside each other. starting from the outside chassis, slots, modules, ports etc. I am trying to draw a line from outside the shape to the inner most object a port

Thanks
Steve