The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Re-arranging / balancing schedules Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I have a lot of tasks that fit into my "main" context - stuff that I can do at work, just about whenever. Many, many days work of tasks.

What I would like to do is decide when to do them. I'd like to have a calendar-like system, and drag and drop them around.

I have used OmniPlan and I like it, for some projects. But I'm more thinking about soft scheduling with rough estimates. Things that I do based entirely on my own estimate of "That looks like a good amount of work to do in a day."

I think this would also help me with motivation to some extent - making a commitment to doing a certain number of tasks.

It would also help me with giving feedback to co-workers. I would be able to discuss when things would happen.

I've started out right now making contexts for days of the week, and I'll see how that goes.

I considered flagging "to do today" tasks, but right now I use flagging for "You really, really better do this immediately" tasks. Some sort of richer tagging system would probably help me out more.

Any thoughts? Some external app that interacted with the OF database would seem like the most likely answer.