The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Danger: don't hit that update button! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
sunday, 1pm, pst. Running v77.1.0.96797

I just was poking around the prefs options to see if I could change something that was bugging me, and along the way, I hit "check for updates".

There was no update available.

And now I cannot close that window. The close box doesn't work, the cancel button does nothing.

OmniFocus is hung on me, since I can't do anything with that window stuck open.

Just thought I'd pass this on to warn others.

Guess I have to force quit, but I'm worried about losing my work, corrupting the database, etc, etc, etc.

Being a foolhardy<option-delete> brave soul, I went to preferences > updates, and pressed check for updates now, got the window telling me I'm up to date, pressed the close window button and away it went.

Then I did it again, and this time it's hung. Clicks to switch windows, and open menu items, as well as various attempts to Exposé my windows went unheeded.

But, it only seemed to hang for a few moments before all my clicks and such rushed out.

So of course, I did it a third time. And this time, it's totally hanging. No about of window manipulation seems to be working.

I sampled the process, and it's locked up hard. I've filed a bug [OG #253255] with the sample.

Thanks. Good to know it's not just me, and thanks for filing the bug. I only sent a feedback email, I didn't know about the bug base.

I have the permanent version, it's been hung for an hour or so now.

Feedback auto-replies with that number. Whether it's filed in their bug database or a separate "feedback" db, I don't know. I'm being lazy in my description....

You'll likely have to force quit if playing with Exposé (e.g.) doesn't recover. Depending on what happened before you hung, you may not lose anything, since OF writes out the changes you make as you make them.

I did finally force quit. I lost the action I was working on, but haven't noticed anything else yet.

i should have taken a screen shot before I force quit, just to be sure. There were a bunch of actions on the screen. Better than nothing.