The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A Bug fixed in Webkit last year is still active in OmniWeb 5.7 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There is a bug/feature that I reported to the Webkit buglist last year: https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=16000
This was fixed in November 2007.
Quote:
The view in Web Inspector divides into three columns. Only the left most is
manualy resizable, the right one has a fixed width and the middle one takes the
rest of the available space.
I would like to have the right one to be adjustable manually as well. Some
properties become unreadable because they are not wrapped but cut off.
Abbreviations like
background-color: rgb(238, 24...
or
font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Ari...
are not helping.
Any chance we get that fixed in OmniWeb's version of WebKit? It's annoying to be forced to use a different browser to check the code I write in OmniWeb.

Regards, Hans

I'm pretty sure the inspector is an unsupported feature that's hidden by default. No?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
I'm pretty sure the inspector is an unsupported feature that's hidden by default. No?
As I see it, it's an integral part of WebKit. I can't remember if I had to activate it in OmniWeb first before using it, but in Safari you can do a right-click on anything in a website and an choose "Inspect element". That's how I use it in OmniWeb, too.

Regards, Hans

I can definitely use Inspect This (haven't done any manual activation) but I think it was added in one of the recent releases...

I concur this issue is present!

Looks like this will be included in the next WebKit update we release (which should be available soon).