The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature req: open focused project from context view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
(Inspired by this post)

In Context view, I would like to be able to have as an option in the contextual menu something like "Open Focused Project." This would open a new window with that action's project focused, rather like what happens when you double-click on a project in Project view.

This would be similar to the existing "Show in Project View" feature, but it would be (a) a new window, and (b) focused on that particular project. I would find both of these differences to be more useful than the existing command. I usually just want to check quickly where I am in that project when I have the urge to switch modes like this.

As an alternative, perhaps this could REPLACE the "Show in Project View" command - are there circumstances I'm not seeing where one would definitely prefer to have the same window and no focus?

(For consistency this would be fine to implement in Project view as well, though less pressing there since one can double click projects in the left pane for the same effect. (If I may sneak an additional feature request in here, it would also be nice if you could equally easily double click the project icon next to the project names in the RIGHT pane to open a new, focused window on that project.))

[also sent via Feedback]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
As an alternative, perhaps this could REPLACE the "Show in Project View" command - are there circumstances I'm not seeing where one would definitely prefer to have the same window and no focus?
Someone might want to switch to project view for the purpose of moving the action to a subproject of a different project.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Someone might want to switch to project view for the purpose of moving the action to a subproject of a different project.
Yep! Although I would give my vote of putting "Show in Project/Context View" in the contextual menu. Would be very neat. and this ⌥⌘R shortcut does not cut it for me... Really have to get used to it. Unfortunately, don't know what to offer as replacement. Or could someone explain the reasoning behind it?

Em