The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cancel Sync "Button"/Manual Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Problem: OmniFocus iPhone begins to sync (for an extended period because of a high number of projects) with Omni Sync Server at inopportune times after opening the app without the ability to exit the sync screen.

(Possible) Solution(s): Add a *Cancel Sync Button* to the "Updating with synced data..." screen that appears during sizable updates OR Allow for Manual Syncs Only with regards to the Omni Sync Server.

Thought/Ides/Something I've Missed:?

Appendix
* OmniFocus 1.13.1 on iOS 5.0.1
* Yes, everything possible is done to keep the database as small as possible (e.g. Archiving Old Data)

I'd personally prefer it if Omni Group could fix the synching so it wasn't a huge giant modal interruptive sync. I absolutely hate it.

Things (beta cloud sync) and The Hit List manage to sync in a non-blocking non-modal fashion and don't subject you to a colossal work-stopping "updating sync" dialog every single time you start the app :-/