The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request: customizing Unique ID Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Most of my project plans use hierarchical outline numbers for WBS ID. OP supports unique ID, but the flat numbering doesn't align with my existing documents (or the way my brain has learned to break down and ID tasks). It would be GREAT if the format of the unique IDs could be customized. :-)

Your products are fabulous, BTW. Thanks, Omni.

You can switch the numbering to the left of the task names into outline form. Choose "Use Hierarchical Numbering" from the View menu.

You can also add any kind of custom data to tasks that you want, but then of course you'll have to enter all the data manually yourself.

If neither of those is what you're looking for, could you try and explain a little more? If a task's unique ID is based on the hierarchy of tasks, then what happens if a task is moved to a different task group? Should it get renumbered or keep its original number?