The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Easiest way of setting up OmniFocus on 2 machines? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So far i have been using OF on my main work machine. Now i need to travel, and i am wondering what is the easiest/bulletproof way to get the Omnifocus data on the laptop and have it work.

Ideally, i was thinking. Install. Sync with iCal. Be done.

Is it that simple?

Frank

You can put in iDisk (or so they say) just make sure you have a good backup. I haven't gotten that to work too well.

BZ

Whenever I'm away from my office and suspect I'll have idle time (e.g., between meetings, sitting in a doctor's waiting room), I use ChronoSync to sync some active project with my iBook. I can then work off-line and sync the results back to my desktop Mac.

This topic prompts me to consider syncing OmniFocus to the iBook.

Since it's hit or miss whether I find an open WiFi wherever I open my iBook, the iDisk approach isn't a solution.

Will it be sufficient to sync the ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/ folder between my desktop Mac and iBook?