The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus sync - you made my wife cry Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Guys, please resolve the sync issue, or find a way to sync to a USB connected device. My wife spent an hour on a train entering stuff onto her iPhone and discarding items into the trash bin on the train. She synced the iPhone to .Mac and then synced Omnifocus when she got home.

The desktop app overwrote the iPhone database and she has lost things, reference items and data that she cannot get again.

When she realised what had happened she cried at this and has now deleted the iPhone app as it is in no way a trusted system at this stage.

I have had similar more minor situations and I don't regard it as a trusted system either - I really, really want to and need to, but I can't.

fraussie - I'm really sorry this happened.

If your wife still has her synchronization database, we may be able to recover the data. Can you send it to omnifocus@omnigroup.com, from the same email address that you used to sign up to the forums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraussie View Post
I have had similar more minor situations and I don't regard it as a trusted system either - I really, really want to and need to, but I can't.
I would have to concur with this comment. I had a minor situation myself with a bunch of unflagging I did on my iPhone en masse which did not transfer over. Fortunately this was simple to correct by just using perspectives on the desktop to view flagged items and just doing the work again. So this does leave me concerned about using my iPhone in the field with full force!