The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Weekly review 'issues' Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've logged this with the Ninjas, but wanted to see how others handle things.

My weekly review is usually on a Friday, but life is life and sometimes it's not possible.

If Friday's not possible, I hold the review on the Sunday, which all works really well until the following Friday when none of my projects with weekly review iterations show up in review. Obviously, I could go through all of my projects and manually review them, but with over 100 projects and climbing, that's not really practical.

The flip side is that If I know I'm going to be spectacularly busy, sometimes I want to do a weekly review on a Thursday, again very few of my projects will be available in Review when I need them to be.

I've requested from the Ninjas a way to do this this in OF for iPad, effectively a way to set all projects for review today, but this would take some time to implement, even if OF feel that it's a valid addition.

How does anyone else handle this (Apart from the obvious, 'don't miss your weekly review')

I'm in the same boat as you. I review weekly, but I don't have a set day, so I may do it anytime from Friday afternoon to Monday morning.

The last time I was faced with an empty review list, I had the idea to change the review period to 3 or 4 days. Since I never go to the review section mid-week, I think that might work for me.

Of course, I had the thought, but didn't do anything about it. Your message put it in my mind again though, so I'm going to give it a try.

That would work in the short term, and I may try it, but it's not as intuitive as being able to review absolutely everything now.

Thanks for the idea.

I like this as a workaround, because I COMPLETELY agree that while a certain is often the "ideal" day, life may not contain such idealism. Setting review to be every few days is a decent workaround, but how about an option to set review not for a set time period, but for a set DAY? I.E., "review every Friday"?

I'll throw it in as a feature request ;-)

I just set all my review dates for a 3 day period. Good work around I guess. I work 9 hr. days (actually 10 or 11 to be realistic), and take every other Friday off. I prefer to do my weekly reviews at the end of the work week, so one week it will be on a Friday, the next on a Thursday.

That being said, and even with scheduling my reviews on my calendar, there are many times when I can't get a proper review done on that "last" day of the week so they are done on Sunday at home. Thus, the shortest span between review days is Sun-Thurs, giving me the 3 day period that I set up for my reviews.

Thanks for making me think this through, I was getting tired of selecting each project one at a time to force a review.

Having the option to just pick a day for your review might be an option I would use. I would pick Thursday, and that way no matter when my week ends, my review would always be due - Thursday, Friday, or Sunday.

Good points and I've thought this many times.

I think what I'd like is to in effect say to OF "Review on the <Friday> closest to the review period". So, if I have something set to Review in a month then if this Friday would be inside that month then go ahead, otherwise leave it until next time. Or something like that.

I would really like to see this too. It would also be useful because I have some projects set to review daily, but I want to review everything once a week. By being able to set the day rather than the interval, I won't get lower-frequency projects mixed in with my daily reviews.