The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Suggested Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I am relatively new to GTD. I haven't finished reading the entire book yet, but I understand the basics, and I haven't been managing my tasks under GTD done yet. This new app will hopefully kick-start that process for me.

I am struggling with contexts (how to structure them), and would like to see snaps of how others organize their contexts.

Like many others who have posted I struggle primarily with the following:
I am an IT manager, so 95% of what I do, I do on my computer, and nearly 100% of that is "online". What is the context? The app I am using? It shouldn't be the "project", although as a newbie to GTD there is a strong motivation to use the project as the context (which just comes form old thinking).

I want to separate work from home (and both involve a lot of computer time).

And the other big thing as a manager, is the delegation/agenda piece, where you want to hand off a task to a co-worker, but followup with the task to make sure it has been finished properly.

There was a nice long post in these forums about tags (http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=2546), which seem like an ideal solution for me, but in lieu of that, I would sure like to see how how others manage their contexts