The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due soon Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What does the due soon field do. I have items that are due in the next couple of days and nothing shows up. I have the due soon setting set to 5 days, but nothing shows up

Droe, is it possible that the items are due soon but not yet available? (Because of a start date in the future, for example, or because they not the next step of a sequential project?)

If the actions are due soon but not available, switching "In contexts" and "in projects" to the "Remaining" setting would show them...

I was just searching the forum here for info on the Due Soon function because I have pretty much the same problem droe does.

This evening I added several actions to a couple of projects using OmniFocus for Mac 1.8 and then sync'd using MobileMe. I should note that on both my Mac and my iPod Touch "Due Soon" is defined as two days. The actions are due tomorrow starting in 13 hours and need to be complete in 18 hours.

On my Mac, OmniFocus shows them under the heading Due Tomorrow when I click the Due icon. On my iPod Touch, when I select "Due Soon," it tells me there are "No Actions," but when I view the actions under their project in the Project view, OF shows me that they are due "Tomorrow."

The Due Soon view only shows actions which are past their start date, or have no start date. In the scenario you describe, the actions will appear on the Due Soon list 18-13=5 hours before they are due.

The iPad Forecast view, which is an expanded version of the Due Soon list, does show the actions which have not started as well as the ones which have, but styles them differently. Whether or not to show the actions which have a future start date seems to be a matter of some contention, as I recall many complaints on the forum in the past about how the Mac showed them, and the people complaining regarded it as undesired clutter. Most of the time I want to be aware that there is an upcoming due action where I will only have a short window to work on it, but I can see if that is a common characteristic of one's work rather than uncommon, it might be annoying.