The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus full res on iPad without pixel doubling! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Using this article posted on gizmodo I found that using the method omnifocus runs perfectly at iPad resolution.

http://gizmodo.com/5529939/run-iphon...pixel-doubling

It requires the iPad to be jailbroken and the only bug I found was that my webDAV settings had to be setup beforehand or else the sync would cause it to crash.

Has anyone else had success with this?

I found the same instructions posted elsewhere and made the changes this morning. Worked great for me.

Wow. I have only just started looking at it, but so far...it looks absolutely *beautiful*. Thank you!

I will be doing some more testing. I just trashed my old task list because it was too disorganized and poorly maintained to be useful. So this is great timing to start over!

I'll post any problems I find. I've found two minor things so far. It doesn't work upside down, and when you tap on "+", it produces a popup in the middle of the screen instead of a popover by the "+". No big deal.

Alright: Start and due dates display has some formatting issues. Large swathes of black and some text on top of the black.

New folder input field text starts off the edge slightly.

Repeat display has lots of black and text on top of black spaces. The "none", "every", "start after", "due after" buttons must be tapped slightly below the buttons themselves.

"Pick photo" causes it to crash

Record audio has some mis-aligned buttons.

Popping up the keyboard causes a quick black flicker

I just had an odd glitch with rotation. It stopped rotating. I tried two orientations, no change. Then tried the third, it worked, and it back working right now.

The single crash trigger is of course not great, but the visual glitches are, IMHO, far better than dealing with the pixel doubling.

There's an even easier way to do this now. Look for an app called FullForce on Cydia. It adds a Settings pane where you can turn it on/off for any apps you choose. Good for experimenting.

So far, it's only good for Tweetie 2 and OmniFocus, but it makes using OmniFocus on iPad twice as good.

FullForce does exactly the same thing, I believe, but provides a GUI interface. Works fantastically well.

Makes me think I'd be happy with just a Universal version of OF for the iPhone.