The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Row Numbering starting point Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
So what are you doing that requires 0-based numbering, and doesn't work with 1-based numbering? "But I wanna" is certainly a reason, though no one appears to think it is a good enough reason to have made the changes for you.
The documentation I produce and the workflow into OmniGraffle and constant updates required it. Have I passed your test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It's not too long if they had more lucrative opportunities to deploy their resources elsewhere. You're also making the flawed assumption that they haven't done anything with OmniOutliner in that period. Reading the release notes will show that this is not true by any stretch of the imagination. Given that you have to shell out more money for a major release, but minor releases are free, I appreciate their willingness to do extended development on each major release, and so do most customers, I suspect.
I'm not going to argue with you - if you can find just one other for-profit software package from a for-profit software company that hasn't had a major rev in 6 years, I'd be amazed.

They're in business to make money - if they have customers that want their products, and they want revenue from those customers, then they need to structure the business differently. It's called growth. A linear product pipeline does not cut it competitively.