The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fewer Alpha Releases? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After this announcement from OG
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=5198
the pace at which alpha builds are released has quickened. Would it be possible for OW to release specific alphas that they think are most worthy?

I can't keep up with all these alphas!

:(

Just don't download them all. Perhaps just download one each morning.

That's exactly what I do! I limit myself to one a day, max. Nevertheless, sometimes I get stuck with a version where the javascript bookmarks don't work. Things get restored quickly, of course, but it would be nice not to have to put up with this short-lived quirks.

Well, hopefully, we won't have to. If the stabilization branch of webkit has been defined and Safari 3 final will be released with Leopard on Friday, then OW should be going beta very soon.

Payam

I've taken to reading the release notes ... if there's something in the release notes since my last download, I stick with the one I've got; if there is something new, I'll download the latest one from the site.

Mark

Ah, yes. I just started doing that over the weekend, too. A very good plan, indeed.

Payam

FWIW, reading the release notes and seeing if any of the updates are of value to you, is a good idea for any software update.

kind of aside, but I fixed a (the?) bookmarklet issue yesterday afternoon. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philonous View Post
Would it be possible for OW to release specific alphas that they think are most worthy?
Uh, I think 5.6 Final is our "most worthy" alpha. :D But seriously, when an alpha is "most worthy" we generally call it a beta. So if you don't like living on the cutting edge, ignore the sneaky peeks and wait for betas. This time, we felt the sneaky peeks/alphas were going well enough to just jump straight to a final. (Thanks again to all who gave great feedback to our sneaky peeks.)