The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb-5.6-v613 crash when closing bookmarks viewer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have been using OmniWeb 5 for quite some time now and have recently come across an action that will cause the application to crash:

1) Launch OmniWeb
2) Open the bookmarks viewer
3) Double-click one of your bookmarks or select on from the Favorites bar.
4) While the link is still loading (before the bookmarks viewer closes automatically) close the bookmarks viewer and watch OmniWeb crash.

On Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.11) OmniWeb has crashed repeatedly after performing this routine. The terminal output simply states "bus error" with no other indication of possible causes. I discovered this problem while I was on a very slow connection so it's possible that returning to the web view before the http transaction with the site has begun (while still performing DNS lookup) is the culprit.

This bug can also be reproduced by entering a non-existent URL such as "akdjlfjadkl.com" or similarly anything that will cause an extended DNS query time thus giving the user time to do Cmd+B to return to the web view before a result has returned from the DNS server.

Last edited by benanzo; 2008-01-21 at 07:51 AM..