The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Equipment is still influencing duration? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I am testdriving OmniPlan after Merlin drives me nuts not being able to import MPP files properly, which worked fine so far in OmniPlan.
But I found that adding equipment to a task reduces it's duration, which should not happen.
How can I add equipment to a task without influencing the duration, but to be respected at levelling to avoid double booking of the equipment?

This to me seems like the most important task a scheduling tool should be able to do, no?

Best regards,
Michael

You can set up equipment resources to not reduce a task's duration by selecting the equipment resource in the Resource View, then going to the "Resource : Information" inspector. From there, you can set the efficiency to 0%. That should stop equipment resources from reducing the duration of a task.

Thank you, works as advertised. Exactly what I need for now.

Glad I could help!

Actually, it leaves me with the problem, that I can't level for this equipment now. Because it's 0% efficient, Omniplan thinks, it's no problem to schedule tasks to this equipment simultaneously.
How can I overcome this?