The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Mobile Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas
Yeah, this is pretty sick.
(For those not fluent in the latest jargon, "sick" means he thinks it's great, not terrible.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case
(For those not fluent in the latest jargon, "sick" means he thinks it's great, not terrible.)
Thanks for the translation :)

I am still having problems getting this to work. I know I have saved the script correctly with the correct extension. acgi dispatcher seems to be to problem now.

I can see the cgi request appear in the acgi dispatcher window, but nothing happens for a period of time and then I get this error:

"Unable to contact ACGI Dispatcher, AESend returns error"

Do you have ACGI Dispatcher configured to accept connections? It's an option under the File menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansays
Do you have ACGI Dispatcher configured to accept connections? It's an option under the File menu.

Yes I do. I have an installation of Ruby and lighttpd on this mac too. I'm wondering if that is somehow interfering. But it is using a different port and I am able to get the apache welcome page when I turn on personal file sharing.

Last edited by chrjohns; 2007-06-06 at 08:53 AM..

I'm stumped. It definitely sounds like you're having trouble with the ACGI Dispatcher. A few last things to try:
  • Make sure you're using the .acgi extension on your script. Do a "get info" on the file; it may appear that the extension is correct, but in reality the filename is omnifocus.acgi.app.
  • Re-install ACGI Dispatcher
  • Disable ruby/lighthttpd. I have no idea why this would be conflicting with ACGI Dispatcher, but who knows.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. If you do solve the problem, I'd love to hear details.

Questions,

1. Does this only work on mac or can you forward your omnifocus info to a hosted Linux server?

2. If you can't I would imagine your mac would have to be on 24/7 to access that data, is that true?

3. Would you need a static ip address to use this?

1. It's Mac-only.

2. Yes.

3. No, you can use a service like dyndns.com. They'll give you a hostname like myomnifocus.dyndns.org, and a client that updates the record whenever your dynamic IP address changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansays
I'm stumped. It definitely sounds like you're having trouble with the ACGI Dispatcher. A few last things to try:
  • Make sure you're using the .acgi extension on your script. Do a "get info" on the file; it may appear that the extension is correct, but in reality the filename is omnifocus.acgi.app.
  • Re-install ACGI Dispatcher
  • Disable ruby/lighthttpd. I have no idea why this would be conflicting with ACGI Dispatcher, but who knows.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas. If you do solve the problem, I'd love to hear details.
I have tried all of these. I guess I am about to give up on it. I will try it on my intel imac at home first.

I did find an acgi dispatcher error file on my desktop which is a log full of this error:

exception:cACGI.run

I also found this conversation from 2002 that could provide an alternative way to make this work?

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl....2/msg1513.html

I'd love to find an alternative to ACGI Dispatcher. It seems to be a dead product, no longer in development, and as such has no support. A universial binary version does not appear to be forthcoming.

I don't have the time to play with alternatives, but if you'd like to hack away at it, be my guest. If you come up with anything, please share.