The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Periodic "Cannot overwrite file" messages. [Fix scheduled for v1.10] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As I enter in actions or clippings I get the following error:
A file already exists at “/users/name/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus”, but archive documents can only be written to new locations.
I use the omni server for syncing. Not sure how to fix this.

What versions of OmniFocus and Mac OS X are you using? What is the title of the window in which you are attempting to make changes? Did this problem just start occurring? Does it continue if you close all of your OmniFocus windows, quit OmniFocus, and restart it?

Mac OSX 10.7.2, OmniFocus1.9.4, It happens in Inbox window, Projects window, and even when I shortcut add a task from another program. This problem started occuring about a week ago. Yes it continues if I close all windows and restart it.

Sorry for the trouble this is causing, molat! We've had a few reports of the problem, but it's not something we've been able to reproduce. Can you contact our support folks at omnifocus@omnigroup.com? We'd like to investigate this with you.

I have been getting the same message for quite some time now, continually seeing this whenever I use the Clip-o-tron from Apple Mail (osx 10.7.2)- A file already exists at “/Users/XXX/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus”, but archive documents can only be written to new locations.

Update: a fix for this is scheduled for the upcoming 1.10 release. Sorry for the trouble, all!