The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Last call for OmniFocus 1.7 feedback! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Oh, wait, I think I see: you mean the standard dock badges which were introduced in 10.5? Since OmniFocus 1.x still supports 10.4, we can't use them yet, but we'll look into switching to them for OmniFocus 2 (which will require 10.6).

(However, one downside of the 10.5 badges is that they don't allow you to specify the color of the badge, which is how we currently indicate whether the count refers to overdue vs. coming due.)
Yep, I was referring to the "Leopard" badges. I'm right with you on the color, however I know there is a program for mail that will allow you to move the badges around the icon and use different colors, so technically it can be done.

Let me vote for putting this in OF 2!

Quote:
… it seems to have trouble restoring the sidebar expansion whenever it's entering a view mode for the first time, i.e. if clicking on a perspective takes you from from project to context mode or vice versa.
Fixed for the next sneaky peek (r117974, which should be posted in about half an hour).

Quote:
Agreed!

Could you double-check whether your perspectives import when using r117865 or later?
Ok, just downloaded r117959 and perspectives showed up just like they should! Thanks for all the work you and your team are doing for OF... and us.

Now, anyway to turn off the relative dates (yesterday, tomorrow) and go back to real dates?

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by webalstrom View Post
Now, anyway to turn off the relative dates (yesterday, tomorrow) and go back to real dates?
Yes, you can turn them off by entering this command in a Terminal window:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterUseRelativeDayNames -bool false
To return to the factory setting, use this:

Code:
defaults remove com.omnigroup.OmniFocus RelativeDateFormatterUseRelativeDayNames
This along with some of the other new hidden settings (such as displaying times along with dates) are mentioned in the 1.7 release notes (under "Experimental Features").

Ken,

The only issue other than the alignment of numbers in the badges that I am still encountering is the inability for embedded attachments to sync properly (OG #464774). Hope this makes it in before 1.7 wraps up.

Peter

Hi Ken, Thanks for the heads up and last call!

I would really like a little bit more flexibility in the ability to create a perspective that shows due items - very helpful for the short-term reviews.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:
  • a perspective with just due items that includes "Due within the next month" and "Due within the next 3 months"
  • a perspective that adds flagged items to that

It seems like those could both best be facilitated by adding a couple more items to the definition of "Due soon".

Here's what I've tried:

If I start with the viewing the entire Library in projects mode and apply the default Due perspective and then change the status filter to "Remaining", I get the following categories displayed:

Due within the last month
Due within the last week
Due yesterday
Due today
Due within the next week
Due within the next month
Due within the next 3 months
No due date

Those last 3 categories weren't present when the status filter was the default of "Due soon"; the next month and next 3 months categories weren't present when I chose a status filter of "Due or flagged" - which I think is a great addition! In that case, though, I think the heading ought to be "Flagged" instead of "No due date" if possible.

So, to re-iterate, I think that having the ability to include the 1 month or 3 month categories in "Due soon" perspectives would be great!

Finally, I agree with those that say the view bar color is a bit too obtrusive. Can that be added to the formatting choices in preferences? If not, I don't think it's a huge deal. I've just begun to use 1.7, but it seems great!

Thanks very much for all your very attentive work! Keith

I just installed the most recent build and all of my custom icons for my perspectives reverted to the folder icon.

This might be too late for this type of suggestion, but I'm wondering if a couple of things can be done about sync preferences. First, make available a choice between manual and automatic syncing - I'd like to be able to have sync only happen when I click on the sync button in the toolbar. Second, make it easy to choose to reset the database on the current computer with the database from the cloud rather than have a two-way sync automatically applied. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD123 View Post
The only issue other than the alignment of numbers in the badges that I am still encountering is the inability for embedded attachments to sync properly (OG #464774). Hope this makes it in before 1.7 wraps up.
Embedded attachments are syncing properly, but the iPhone app isn't able to display some attachment types at the moment (a new issue on the device which seems to have started with iPhone OS 3.0). We'll have to fix that with an iPhone app update.

(I encounter the same issue when syncing your example PDF attachment from OmniFocus 1.6.1.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithFK View Post
I just installed the most recent build and all of my custom icons for my perspectives reverted to the folder icon.
Could you tell us more about the custom icon that's missing? Did you assign it in 1.6 or in 1.7? Did you assign it by copying and pasting the icon into the icon well, or by dragging an image file onto the icon well, or something else? What type of file was the source image?

When you say "most recent build", could you verify whether you mean v77.32.0.117996 or a different build? (Command-Click on the app icon in the dock to reveal it in the Finder, then use Command-I to get detailed information about it. You'll see the version listed in the General section; it will say something like "OmniFocus 1.7 sneaky peek, version 77.32.0.117996, …". I really only need the last number, 117996.)

Thanks!