The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unable to convert great Ai stencils to OGp Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. Webalys shares a great «free User Interface Design tool for Web Designers» here http://www.webalys.com/design-interf...-framework.php

I was able to convert the icons into a stencil (via PDF) but when I try to convert GUI-elements.ai, Gui-navigation.ai and GUI-windows-containers.ai I get no incomplete drawings with no gradients.

I have try to flatten the files with no more success and I nees to keep the text editable in OGp so the copy paste solution is not an option.

Thank’s in advance for any help.

It appears that those .AI files haven't been saved in a PDF-compatible format. I can't open them in Preview. Since we're using the same underlying frameworks as Preview to handle PDF, OmniGraffle won't be able to display them either.

If you're getting different results, best to drop us a line at OmniGraffle@omnigroup.com with the Graffle file in question.

Thanks!

While Omnigraffle may claim to fully support any file that opens in Preview, the AI files in question, when saved as PDF, do look fine in preview but not when opened in omnigraffle.

It seems that Omnigraffle does not fully support the PDF spec. Even when saved as Acrobat 4, not all elements render correctly and the gradients not at all.