The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

omnifocus half english half french Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
since I made the last update
is there a way to fix it or where can I get an older version?

I found an older version that work fine

Same here. To me, this is a bug related to the "poor" language support of OF when a user wants to use a version in a different language than the one of the system. Don't hesitate to send in a feature request to the Ninjas!

Meanwhile, you can specify the language directly in the finder by modifying languages in the get-info for the OF app. This workaround works fine, but will not fix your OF db once it has been messed up by the 1.7.1 upgrade...

Good luck-

A little note to mention that this workaround doesn't work anymore with OS 10.6. I too am stucked with a half-french half-english OF installation...

spanish isn't better

Half English and Half French. Does that make it Canadian?

J.

same here.. half german half english :-(

I believe the localizations should be up to date in OmniFocus for Mac 1.7.4, which they can grab from this link.

If folks are still seeing problems in that release, please contact the support ninjas and let them know.

(As far as I know, we haven't been getting reports of lots of localization issues, but I haven't been working on other projects for the last couple of weeks, so my info may be out of date.)